Sunday, April 27, 2008

Get Thee a New Email

I said my posts would be brief on this blog, and four or five posts later I realize that's just not going to be the norm. So, allow me to provide you with a brief exception. :)

As I was writing about wedding websites, I thought maybe I oughta throw out a suggestion that I realized all-too-late in this briding game. If you go to any sort of wedding shows or wedding websites and give out any contact information, you will be inundated with phone calls/emails/mailers galore. Two suggestions:
  1. Before giving out his/her number, make sure your fiancé is comfortable with the thought of getting millions of random messages each week regarding upcoming irrelevant promotions. This is especially true if your number is long distance and his/hers is not. Oops, sorry, Carlos.
  2. Do what the title says and get a new email address, specifically for wedding-related contacts. One that allows you to create folders or somehow organize your messages by subject is a bonus. You will thank me for this, especially if you get on David's Bridal's mailing list. Seriously.

See? Toldja I could be brief! Not boxers, haha! Right-o.

That reminds me of a bride that Darci interviewed on With This Ring, who mentioned the sassy blue underpants she wore on her wedding day! So fun as a "something blue"!

No comments: