Sunday, April 27, 2008

Cupcakelicious

Carlos and I decided that cupcakes would be a fun way to keep the whole cake idea fresh and fun, and hopefully simple! Not unlike my calla lily experiment, I am toying with the idea of trying out a few cupcake recipes myself, and maybe even learning how to do fondant. Is it totally unreasonable for me to think that I can whip up 200+ delicious, beautiful, and affordable cupcakes the week of my wedding with little-to-no stress?

Personally, I think having a cupcake creation party sounds like a lot of fun, especially with my group of gals, and since I have fourteen months (Exactly!!!! Oh my goodness, it's the 27th, today, isn't it??!) to mull this concept over, I'm not tossing out this Do-it-Yourself project quite yet. Still, it might not be a bad idea to start researching bakeries!




In the mean time, check out this great blog done by a British-sounding cupcaker after my own heart. Or maybe I'll be after her own heart, considering I might steal a recipe or two from her! Hey, the girl makes cupcakes almost daily. Why reinvent the wheel, right?

Anyone who uses "couture" and "pizzazz" in her blog title has gotta be worth checking out, non? Try not to salivate too hard, her "cups of cake" look delish.

1 comment:

brender said...

If you want to make a million cupcakes, we better get started now. Can I eat some of the frosting?